سلام به همه،
پیشاپیش فرا رسیدن نوروز 94 و سال نو رو به همتون شادباش میگم و براتون بهترینها رو آرزومندم. توی این پست ابتدا ویدیوی کوتاه و دلنشین زیر رو به همتون پیشکش میکنم و در ادامه با چند خط تاریخچه هفت سین به انگلیسی همراهتون میشم.
Norouz is symbolically celebrated by arranging seven items on a tablecloth. Today in Iran seven items that start with one of the Persian letters "Seen" or "Sheen" are arranged. The items have philosophic meanings, which are not necessarily known to all the people. They do it as a tradition. Those who know the meaning may only know a version of the new philosophic meanings but not the real ancient ones.
With a view to the fact that in the near past seven trays were placed with any number of items in them, and these days we have seven items starting with Sheen or Seen, and the bas-reliefs at Takht-e Jamshid depict seven people from each country carrying Norouz gifts, shows the importance of number seven which represents the "Seven Eternal Laws", which embodies the Teachings of Zarathushtra.
The ancient meaning of the "Seven Eternal Laws" in summary form is as under:
1. Good Mind: The mind, wisdom, should be used in a Good way and each one to their maximum capacity.
2. The Ultimate Truth: Using the mind in a Good way and to its maximum results in the understanding of the natural laws and we end up with good knowledge, good discoveries, and good inventions.
3. Good Guidance: The information, the truth, the discoveries, what do we do with them? We have to use them to make life better, by giving Good Guidance, making Good Rules and Good Laws. That would also lead to Good Products and Good Services.
4. Lawful Desire: The result of Lawful Desire is Righteousness, a Righteous Society, a Righteous Nation, a Paradise where people live in harmony with each other and with nature. Where there is No war, No pollution, No sickness, No lies, No thefts, and No fear. Where all desires are lawful.
5. Perfection: In such a Righteous Society people have a chance to advance Mentally, Physically and Spiritually. The result is perfection. Perfect doctors, perfect engineers, perfect musicians, perfect farmers, perfect poets, perfect athletes, perfect priests, perfection in all fields physically and spiritually.
6. Immortality: Perfection creates a mental stage in human life where one is Free from the Fear of Death, free from the fear of the unknown. Thereby one does not belong to the material world but to a timeless, space-less state of mind where death has no meaning.
7. Having attained Perfection and lost the sense of fear, the final and seventh stage is attained. One understands and becomes one with the Wisdom in Creation, MAZDA AHURA, the Power, the living Wisdom, the active, creative, expanding Force that keeps the universe in action and chain reaction, and the Creator of this Wisdom AHURA MAZDA.
But as of today the symbolic Haft Seen dishes consist of:
1. Sabzeh or sprouts which represents rebirth.
2. Samanu (a kind of pudding)
3. Seeb (apple) which represents health and beauty.
4. Senjed (dry fruit of the Lotus tree) which represents love.
5. Seer (garlic) which represents medicine.
6. Somaq (sumac berries) which represents the color of sunrise
7. Serkeh (vinegar) which represents age and patience.
Also other elements and symbols are on the tablecloth including:
- Coins which represent prosperity and wealth;
- A basket of painted eggs represents fertility;
- An orange floating in a bowl of water represents the earth floating in space;
- A goldfish in a bowl represents life and the end of astral year-picas;
- A flask of rose water known for its magical cleansing power
- A mirror which represents the images and reflections of Creation
- On either side of the mirror are two candles which represent enlightenment and happiness.
لینک مطالب مرتبط: Happy Norooz 1389، تاریخچه نوروز به انگلیسی و فارسی، نوروز در گاهشمار جهانی، نوروزتان پیروز، Happy Persian New Year، Happy New Year، پیامک تبریک سال نو، نوروز 1391 خجسته، نوروزتان شاد و فرخنده باد، پیامک های شادباش نوروز 1392، پیامک انگلیسی شادباش نوروز 93،
طبقه بندی: فرهنگ پارسی،
برچسب ها: هفت سین، هفت شین، نوروز، تاریخچه، مفهوم، انگلیسی، Norouz،